Andrea Vacca teams up with “Speak Your Mind” host Dr. Risa Ryger and Jan Mercer Dahms, Vice President of the Mayshad Group for Women’s Development, for an honest conversation about divorce and how the process can be collaborative instead of adversarial.
Some issues to consider with collaborative divorce include:
- Overcoming denial and avoidance
- Finding ways to get a noncommittal spouse engaged
- Working with mental health professionals to overcome fears
- Using financial professionals to find solutions that work for everyone
- Realizing there is no perfect time to start the process
The goal is to have as much of a family as possible without being married. In a collaborative divorce, you come into the process in a more amicable way, and that can remove a lot of the fear.
Check out the Speak Your Mind with Dr. Risa Ryger podcast and listen to the full interview at https://joinmayshad.com/event/speak-your-mind-10-12-20/.