Nothing good happens in court! I had a great conversation with Christina Previte, Esq., of NJ Divorce Solutions on the Divorce Happy Hour Podcast about keeping your divorce out of court (and why you should want to)!
On this podcast, we discuss why I decided to stop practicing traditional litigated divorce, and instead practice collaborative divorce, with a #NoCourtDivorce team approach to divorce. No one “wins” in divorce and that’s why I chose to stop litigating and use mediation and the collaborative approach. With either process, couples can come together, as a team, and negotiate a mutually agreeable divorce – without a judge making the decision about the future of their family.
We discuss 5 Reasons to Keep Your Divorce Out of Court – and how to decide what type of divorce is best for you and your spouse.
- The differences between traditional divorce, collaborative divorce and divorce mediation
- How to decide what type of divorce is best for your situation
- How to find and choose a collaborative divorce attorney
- What is a divorce coach – and why you need one
- How a certified divorce financial analyst helps you understand your financial situation and future
- Overcoming fear: how to see what your life will look like after divorce
- Understanding what is important to you, and how to negotiate for it
- The importance of being open and honest with your divorce attorney
- How collaborative divorce allows your divorce to be creative and flexible
If you want a #NoCourtDivorce and want to discuss mediation or the collaborative divorce approach to divorce, contact us New York divorce and family law attorney Andrea Vacca at Vacca Family Law Group, 212.768.1115.